Mechatherm and ALTEK collaboration
The rotary melting furnace is the most flexible and universal design of equipment to recycle aluminium scrap. Due to the nature of its operation all scrap forms can be recycled with good results.
The rotary furnace is rotated either by a friction drive wheel system or a positive rack/pinion or chain drive depending upon the size and production requirements. A single door is utilised with either vertical, horizontal rotation or a pendulum type swing arrangement depending upon the plant layout.
A high efficiency fume extraction system is provided either fixed directly on the furnace which tilts with the furnace and exhausts through a rotary joint or simply by a high level fume collection hood / housing.
Rotary furnaces have been traditionally static but over recent years tilting designs have been implemented due to the many advantages with regard to reduced cycle times, yields and consumptions.
Mechatherm engineer rotary furnaces to suit all applications and client requirements. We can supply oxy-fuel burner system, cold air burner operating on either fuel oil or gas. Any size of furnace or configuration can be developed by Mechatherm of either static or tilting design.
Typical scrap types include painted and anodised extrusions sections, thermal break, UBC, litho, oily rolling mill scrap, fragmentised scrap, white dross, black dross, engine blocks.
In 2009 Mechatherm formed a collaboration with ALTEK to jointly market the Aluminium industry with its Tilting Rotary Melting Furnace technology. Together we offer:
- Combined process experience of ALTEK with the worldwide casthouse and re-melt furnace reputation of Mechatherm.
- World leading supply and project management of 'Turn-key' TRMF's and their associated ancillary equipment.
- Versatile low capital investment of rotary melting technology.
- A selection of standard size, low-cost TRMF's for the processing of dross and scrap (with or without salt flux).
- Custom built units for client specific applications and production targets.
- TRMF's for use on all types of fuel and air or Oxygen - fuel combustion.